When last did you feel stuck, whether in your business or just in your level of motivation for life?
Do you sometimes wonder why you are not getting forward or why you cannot get yourself to do what you know you have to?
In this episode we talk about both the positive and negative effects of fear in our lives. Many times, fear is at the root of our passivity and understanding what scares you will help you to recognize when it’s controlling your behavior in destructive ways. The other side of the coin is that fear is a self-preserving mechanism that keeps us from doing stupid things.
Where is the balance here?
Today on the show we are joined by a very special guest, Ruth Soukup, who helps us shed light on this all-important topic.
She is a bestselling author who is dedicated to helping women overcome fear and create the life they love through her blog Living Well Spending Less, which reaches more than one million women a month.
Ruth is also the founder of the Living Well Planner and Elite Blog Academy as well as the author of five bestselling books. Being an entrepreneur, her story is super relatable to all of us who are still digging the trenches for the business we want.
We also talk about taking one step at a time instead of being paralyzed by the daunting 100 steps to achieving your goals. Ruth shares how she went from an incredibly dark place and not having the courage to go to the grocery store to owning a seven-figure company and living the quality of life that exceeds her wildest expectations.
Be sure to tune in for this encouraging conversation!
Listen to the episode:
Subscribe to The Fizzle Show in your favorite podcast player:
Key Points From This Episode:
- When Ruth started blogging and budgeting and the difficult circumstances preceding it. [0:02:15.0]
- Writing and recognizing an opportunity to make money online. [0:04:29.0]
- How the Extreme Couponing show boosted her blog. [0:08:23.0]
- More about her company, Ruth Soukup Omnimedia and its four focus areas. [0:10:31.0]
- Ruth’s fear archetypes and how effective this is from a branding point of view. [0:15:03.0]
- The structure of the assessment questions and the science that it is based on. [0:18:19.0]
- Explaining the fear archetype that is most common and the role of perfectionism. [0:20:25.0]
- The benefits of knowing what fears you are most affected by. [0:25:00.0]
- How fear is a protective mechanism that also has its advantages. [0:29:26.0]
- More about the people pleaser and the self-doubter. [0:33:54.0]
- The underlying fears of the excuse maker and the pessimist. [0:40:58.0]
- How the seven principles of courage correlate with the archetypes. [0:45:37.0]
- Ruth’s personal experience with depression and self-harm. [0:48:00.0]
- Remembering that there is always hope as long as you keep going. [0:55:03.0]
- And much more!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Fizzle — https://fizzle.co/320
- Discover.bot — https://discover.bot/
- Your Guide to Bot-Building Frameworks – https://bit.ly/2KfdIiS
- Corbett Barr on Twitter — https://twitter.com/CorbettBarr
- Jen Rao — https://jenrao.com/
- Aiden Fishbein — https://twitter.com/megafishbein?ref_src
- Ruth Soukup — https://www.livingwellspendingless.com/
- Living Well Planner — https://livingwellplanner.com/
- Elite Blog Academy — https://eliteblogacademy.com/
- Woman’s Day — https://www.womansday.com/
- Family Circle — https://www.familycircle.com/
- Fox News — https://www.foxnews.com/
- Do it Scared Podcast — https://doitscared.com/episodes/
- Do it Scared — https://livingwellshop.co/collections/best-sellers/products/doitscared
- Extreme Couponing — https://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/extreme-couponing/
- Ruth Soukup Omnimedia — https://ruthsoukup.com/
- Do it Scared Fear Assessment — https://doitscared.com/dis-assessment/
- Seth Godin — https://www.sethgodin.com/
- Anthony Bourdain — https://www.biography.com/personality/anthony-bourdain
- Fizzle Try 5 — http://fizzle.co/try5
- Fizzle Roadmap — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/small-business-roadmap-1-clarity
- Fizzle Define Your Audience Course — https://fizzle.co/guides/defining-your-audience
- Fizzle Goals Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/goals
- Fizzle on Twitter — https://twitter.com/fizzle
- Fizzle Just Ship It Challenge — https://app.fizzle.co/just-ship-it-challenge
- Chase Reeves on Twitter — https://twitter.com/chase_reeves
- Fizzle Sparkline — https://fizzle.co/sparkline
- Fizzle Journaling Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/journal
- Fizzle Essentials of Web Design Course — https://fizzle.co/library/essentials-of-website-design-for-business-builders
- Fizzle Website Tune Up Curse — https://fizzle.co/courses/tuneup
- Start A Blog That Matters Course — https://fizzle.co/start-a-blog-that-matters
- Fizzle 80/20 Copywriting Guide — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/writing-copy-for-web
- Fizzle Toolkit — https://fizzle.co/toolkit
- Fizzle Craft + Commerce — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/craft-commerce
- Fizzle Project Management for Entrepreneurs — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/project-management-for-entrepreneurs
- Fizzle Hosting — https://fizzle.co/hosting
The post Uncovering Your Fears and How to Beat Them with Ruth Soukup (FS320) appeared first on Fizzle.
Powered by WPeMatico