A business cannot start with at least some planning, right?
How important are the planning stages of your journey?
How do we ensure that we are planning enough, not too much and not too little?
Planning should be given due attention but should not take over all your time and detract from other important areas. If you can balance your planning appropriately and make good decisions in the beginning you can set off on the right foot without obsessing over it!
In this episode we are helping you to answer the questions, “Where am I going? What paths are available? Where should I start?” We do not want you to get lost in the questions that inevitably arise and will always do so, you need to be able to have purpose and direction when laying out your plans.
Today on the show we are joined by Joe Kerns, who is a business psychology, mental resilience expert and someone who is more than qualified in today’s topic. Joe loves helping motivated people see and seize the opportunities that can often slip through their fingers.
We also talk about doing the right things, in the right order and in the right amount, the specifics of planning and how a general, unfocused attitude to the task can set you way back. All that and much more on the show today!
Listen to the episode:
Subscribe to The Fizzle Show in your favorite podcast player:
Key Points From This Episode:
- A last chance to get in on the Fizzle Jump Start Bundle. [0:03:29.2]
- Joe’s way to look at planning in the early stages. [0:06:05.8]
- Shooting yourself in the foot with the wrong planning. [0:09:55.3]
- Making sure you have enough energy for what you you actually need to do. [0:15:04.4]
- The components of the planning stage; designing your business journey. [0:21:20.3]
- Perfectionist mindsets, obsessive questioning of everything and whimsy. [0:24:01.7]
- Two many balls in your juggling routine and wasting energy. [0:29:46.4]
- Wrong signals, measuring the right metrics and staying clearheaded throughout. [0:33:12.2]
- The distinction between a dream and a business that solves a real problem. [0:39:21.7]
- Get specific about your business and what you will be planning. [0:42:20.8]
- The wrongful expectation that customer conversations will be damaging. [0:48:51.4]
- Curiosity and courting your business, audience and service. [0:53:58.6]
- Centering your approach and planning on finances and viability. [0:59:01.2]
And much more!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Fizzle — https://fizzle.co/320
- The Fizzle Jump Start Bundle — https://fizzle.co/jumpstart
- Fizzle Roadmap — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/small-business-roadmap-1-clarity
- Joe Kerns — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/author/joekerns
- Elizabeth Gilbert — https://www.elizabethgilbert.com/
- Seth Godin — https://seths.blog/
- Reid Hoffman — https://www.forbes.com/profile/reid-hoffman/
- Trello — https://trello.com
- Peter Drucker — https://www.drucker.institute/perspective/about-peter-drucker/
- Atomic Habits — https://www.amazon.com/Atomic-Habits-Proven-Build-Break/dp/0735211299
- James Clear — https://jamesclear.com/
- Inside Out — https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2096673/
- Teachable — https://teachable.com/
- The Black Godfather — https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10289996/
- Fizzle Customer Conversations Course — https://app.fizzle.co/courses/customer-conversations
- Fizzle Try 5 — http://fizzle.co/try5
- MacGyver — https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1399045/
- Dan Brown — http://danbrown.com/
- Neil Gaiman — http://www.neilgaiman.com/
- Masterclass — https://www.masterclass.com
- Fizzle Define Your Audience Course — https://fizzle.co/guides/defining-your-audience
- Start A Blog That Matters Course — https://fizzle.co/start-a-blog-that-matters
- Work With Chase — https://www.workwithchase.com/
- Courage & Clarity — https://www.courageandclarity.com/
- Steph Crowder on Twitter — https://twitter.com/stephcrowder?lang=en
- Corbett Barr on Twitter — https://twitter.com/CorbettBarr
- Aiden Fishbein — https://twitter.com/megafishbein?refsrc
- Chase Reeves on Twitter — https://twitter.com/chasereeves
- Fizzle Goals Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/goals
- Fizzle on Twitter — https://twitter.com/fizzle
- Fizzle Just Ship It Challenge — https://app.fizzle.co/just-ship-it-challenge
- Fizzle Sparkline — https://fizzle.co/sparkline
- Fizzle Journaling Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/journal
- Fizzle Essentials of Web Design Course — https://fizzle.co/library/essentials-of-website-design-for-business-builders
- Fizzle Website Tune Up Curse — https://fizzle.co/courses/tuneup
- Fizzle 80/20 Copywriting Guide — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/writing-copy-for-web
- Fizzle Toolkit — https://fizzle.co/toolkit
- Fizzle Craft + Commerce — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/craft-commerce
- Fizzle Project Management for Entrepreneurs — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/project-management-for-entrepreneurs
- Fizzle Hosting — https://fizzle.co/hosting_
The post Proper Planning – How to do the right things, in the right order, in the right amount (FS325) appeared first on Fizzle.
Powered by WPeMatico