How can a new client partnership help grow your business? When is the right time to enter into something you believe will be mutually beneficial? What are the questions you need to ask yourself before making a decision on this front?
It is hard to imagine the online business world of today without partnerships, endorsements collaborations and picking the right ones can take your business further than you might have imagined. But that does not mean that every connection is a good one or that you should jump through endless hoops just to get a cosign!
In this episode, we look at a bunch of angles relating to this question and try and help you figure out the best process for picking the right way through potential business negotiations. We get into the idea of dream partnerships, when to draw a line in the sand and the most important factor, understanding value.
We also talk about bags, cars and phones, drawing on many examples and metaphors of how you can understand the exchange that takes place in any good partnership.
For all this and more, come and join us!
Today’s episode of The Fizzle Show is brought to you by Bench, the largest bookkeeping service for small business owners like you. With Bench, a team of real humans do your books for you, and deliver tax-ready financial statements so you can know exactly what the financial health of your business is, every month.
Bench is offering a free month of bookkeeping to Fizzle Show listeners. Sign up, and Bench will do a full month of your books at no charge. Then, if you decide Bench is right for you, get 20% off your first six months—just for being a friend of Fizzle. Bench does your bookkeeping for you, so you can focus on running your business.
Sign up for free: https://bench.co/partner/fizzle/
Key Points From This Episode:
• New cars, new phones and the excitement around purchasing. [0:04:59.3]
• The example from the forum that sparked this conversation. [0:11:57.6]
• Considering a new partnership from both perspectives. [0:15:35.1]
• The concerns of a contractor when approached by a business owner. [0:19:10.4]
• Figuring out a route to tackle a client’s concerns. [0:23:01.6]
• Corbett and Chase’s own experience of entering into a partnership for Fizzle. [0:25:50.9]
• Podcast sponsorships and the uncertainty of value. [0:30:59.4]
• Do not undervalue yourself! [0:37:20.3]
• Recapping the exercises relevant to these decisions. [0:42:22.6]
• Keeping track of ways in which you are growing for sustainability. [0:46:01.2]
• Maintaining a baseline and adventuring out from there. [0:50:30.3]
• The self reliance quotient and building a solid foundation using a spreadsheet. [0:55:12.5]
• Finding a middle ground in a negotiation with a potential partner. [0:58:57.8]
• And much more!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
• Chase’s Special LA Event – https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-revenant-process-jan-31st-feb-3rd-2019-tickets-52378590775
• Fizzle — https://fizzle.co/
• Gusto — https://gusto.com/fizzle
• Rover — https://www.rover.com/fizzle
• Bench — https://bench.co/partner/fizzle
• The Third Tier Theory — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/third-tier-theory-networking
• Gary Vaynerchuk — https://www.garyvaynerchuk.com/
• Seth Godin — https://www.sethgodin.com/
• Pam Slim — https://pamelaslim.com/
• Marie Forleo — https://www.marieforleo.com/
• Pat Flynn — https://www.smartpassiveincome.com/
• Big Mouth — https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6524350/
• Aiden Fishbein — https://vitals.agency/blog/author/aiden/
• Corbett Barr on Twitter — https://twitter.com/CorbettBarr
• Chase Reeves on Twitter — https://twitter.com/chase_reeves
• Fizzle Sparkline — https://fizzle.co/sparkline
• Fizzle Goals Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/goals
• Fizzle Journaling Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/journal
• Fizzle Try 5 — http://fizzle.co/try5
• Fizzle Essentials of Web Design Course — https://fizzle.co/library/essentials-of-website-design-for-business-builders
• Fizzle Website Tune Up Curse — https://fizzle.co/courses/tuneup
• Fizzle Roadmap — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/small-business-roadmap-1-clarity
• Start A Blog That Matters Course — https://fizzle.co/start-a-blog-that-matters
• Fizzle 80/20 Copywriting Guide — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/writing-copy-for-web
• Fizzle Toolkit — https://fizzle.co/toolkit
• Fizzle Craft + Commerce — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/craft-commerce
• Fizzle Project Management for Entrepreneurs — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/project-management-for-entrepreneurs
• Fizzle Hosting — https://fizzle.co/hosting
Powered by WPeMatico